Famous UFO cases: Belgian UFO wave

A supposed black triangle, 15 June 1990, Wallonia, Belgium. Claimed to have been taken during the UFO wave. A similar photo taken in Petit-Rechain on April 4, 1990.

A supposed black triangle, 15 June 1990, Wallonia, Belgium. Claimed to have been taken during the UFO wave. A similar photo taken in Petit-Rechain on April 4, 1990.

The word Belgium UFO wave means different sequencing sightings of the triangular UFOs found in Belgium. The sighting took place from November 29, 1989 to April 1990. The first UFO wave was the one of 30/31 March 1990 night. There was tracking and photographing of unfamiliar objects on radar with approximately 13,500 people on the ground sighting. 2,600 of the witnesses gave statements describing in details what they saw. The Belgium air force then released a report following the incident.

The Control Reporting Center (CRC) supervisor for Glons at around 23:00 on 30 March received reports. The results of the report included strange images that sighted to the direction of the Thorembais-Gembloux in Brussels. The lights report said that the lights, which were brighter than stars, were changing color between green, yellow and red, and seemed to be fastened at the vertices of an equilateral triangle. Glons CRC at that point then requested that the Wavre gendarmerie send a patrol to verify the sighting.

Second set of lights sighting took place after about 10 minutes, which were heading toward the first triangle. At about 23:30, the Wavre gendarmerie had affirmed the early sightings. Glons CRC had also been able to watch the occurrence on radar. This time, the second set of lights had now shaped themselves into a smaller triangle after unpredictable movements. Glons CRC gave the order to have two F-16 armed forces from Beauvechain Air Base scramble just before midnight. This was after tracking the targets and getting a second radar affirmation from the Traffic Center Control at Semmerzake.

balgian-ufo-wave2The happenings had been visible from the ground all this time. Witnesses described the whole configuration as maintaining their relative positions while moving gradually across the sky. The on-lookers also said that two dimmer lights had been moving to the municipality of Eghezee while showing related erratic movements to those of the second set of lights.

They were able to obtain radar lock on three occasions for a few seconds. The lock rope, however, broke due to acceleration, which from 240 km/h to 1770 km/h and above for the initial radar lock. There was also alteration of altitude from 2700 m to 1500 m, before moving up to 3350 m and descending to about ground level. The f-16 pilots were not at any point able to make any contact with the target.

Witnesses on the ground were broadly corroborating the information obtained by radar during this time. They gave a claim of seeing the smaller triangle fully vanish from sight at one point. They also added that the larger triangle headed upwards swiftly as the F-16s flew past. The contact of the radar after 00:30 became sporadic. At 00:40, the final lock took place, which again due to acceleration broke. The acceleration this time was from 160 km/h to 1120 km/h. The radar of those at Semmerzake, Glons and the F-16s lost contact. The F-16s following several further unproven contacts finally returned to base after 01:00.

The Wavre gendarmerie members, sent earlier to confirm the original report, gave final details of the sighting. They gave a description of four lights that were in a square arrangement, which all made short, jumpy movements and slowly loss their brightness before disappearing in four separate directions at around 01:30.

What do you think about the sighting?
  • Real (0)
  • Fake (0)

Leave a reply